Friday, January 8, 2016

Unplanned Time Out

I feel like I have been placed in time out for a day or two. I guess I should be thankful, but right now I am still in pain. It hurts. I want my mommy! Wait, I am the mommy. Now what? I made a very silly and foolish decision today. I put beans on to boil for soup. I went to the other room to change little lumberjacks pants. In the process I got distracted by picking up one of his many messes. The next thing I hear was "Moooooooom!!!!!". I knew by the sounds of it, something was wrong. I followed the sounds of princess #1 bellowing in the kitchen. OH MY, WHAT A MESS! The bean pot had boiled over leaving the stove top a nice frothy brown. In the process of cleaning up the mess, I removed one of my grates over the burner and set it on a pan on the back of the stove. I must have hit it with the rag because it came crashing down. My reaction was to grab a hold of the grate to keep it from falling on the floor. As I have a burning hot grate in my left hand, I wanted to toss it down on my wooden cutting board but I didn't want to burn the board, so I held on to it a few more seconds till I could toss it back on the stove. Lots of really poor decisions all in a row. My hand was burned pretty bad in the shape of the stove grate. We immediately got it under cold water and then employed a bag of frozen veggies wrapped in a towel while I went in search of a box I just packed from the bathroom. THANK GOODNESS I had silver cream. After a liberal application and elevating my hand above my heart some of the stinging has went away. I will be taking some ibuprofen tonight before bed.

Needless to say, mama Lumberjack is in time out. Just goes to show you that when mama is feeling like she needs a mental health day, she should probably get one so she is not distracted.

I feel like I have been distracted for years now. However, it's only been a few months since moving started consuming some part of every single day. I am ready to "arrive". Ready to move on with life. Ready to stop thinking "Will something bad happen?" "Is this all going to fall apart at the last minute?" We each have very real fears we must overcome. That is a small glimpse into mine. 

Until tomorrow, I'm resting, reflecting and doing my time out.


No comments:

Post a Comment