Saturday, January 2, 2016

Citified Family~ Going Country

I almost can't believe I am making this blog post. After taking several years off from blogging, I have been encouraged to start once again by project write365. Honestly, it couldn't have happened at a better time. Why? Because the Lumberjack's family is finally moving to the country!

I know for some, it might not be such a big deal. For us it is a HUGE deal. You see, we have been praying about moving to the country for almost 20 years. We pretty much sealed our fate as city dwellers when we opened the business 15 years ago. A new company and country life just didn't go hand in hand. It is rather unfortunate because I think our children would have been much better off not being raised in the city. They are rough and tumble kiddo's who really needed space to explore. At this time, it's a moot point. The boys are grown and out of the house, princess #1 graduates this year and princess #2~ Well, let's just say I hope she knows what fun it shall be! Let's not forget, our newest little blessing who is now a year old! I still shake my head when I think of having a baby in my 40's.

I often proclaim how I am God's favorite. In this season, I really feel like I am the apple of my Papa's eye. You see, HE has provided us with the opportunity to move to Rural America. In 24 short days, we will be sitting at the closing company signing papers on our new farm.

You should see my Pinterest activity this month! Part's of me are over the moon excited about a new place to call home. After all, I have lived in the same house my entire married life. I have raised my children here, heck I've even given birth to a child here! This is all I have known. The day the Lumberjack and I returned from our honeymoon, we made an offer on our little house. LIFE happened, love bloomed, children grew. I am afraid that somehow, part of me will become missing with this move.

My hope is that it will be replaced with something even better. That deep longing for quiet and stillness will be attainable.

I look forward to sitting on the covered porch, iced tea in my hand, watching the sun go down across our land. I dream of opening the windows and hearing the birds chirp, the crickets calling to each other, the frogs bellowing. Right now I hear interstate noise and lots of sirens.

Mostly, I long for a place our children can continue to grow in. A place where the older ones will find peace and yearn to come. A place to raise little grandchildren that can roam freely and explore the beauty that God has created. A place in which I can grow old with the Lumberjack. A place in which I can learn to see beauty again.


No comments:

Post a Comment