Saturday, January 9, 2016

So many loose ends

The Lumberjack is one of the guys who simply can't have any loose ends what so ever. He really needs everything to be packaged up nice and neat. He is responsible, has so much integrity and pretty much is one of the least selfish men I know. He also won't let anyone run roughshod over him or be taken advantage of. He is forever reminding me to "Sure up loose ends". Simply put, there must be something wrong if there is no immediate absolutes.

So, you know how they say that you end up marrying your complete opposite? Yep, I did that. The Lumberjacks wife is a free loving soul that hates timelines, restrictions, bedtimes, schedules, budgets, meal times and one of my favorite words are "options"... As far as loose ends go, to me they are more of a lucid thing. They are simply there, to be dealt with should the time every arrive that forces the issue.

Over the years you may have guessed that our personalities have clashed at extreme levels. It's in those extreme moments that we learn how to honor and love. Oh, and compromise some too.

Right now we have lots of loose ends and none of them are of my doing. In fact, the Lumberjack had to reel me back in as I was dead set on making some deadlines & absolutes. Instead of me just going with the flow and letting things work out in their own timing, I'm trying to micromanage and sure up those loose ends. On the contrary, the Lumberjack is walking in complete peace and confidence that things will happen in God's perfect timing. WHAT? You see what happened here? It's a not -so- funny observation that I've made over the last couple of days. While I am like most females in regards of wanting everything secure, specifically my nest, I'm usually not zealous in dealing with business stuff. This whole process has brought me to a new level of understanding and responsibility. I feel like there is a lot on the line and we can't afford many mistakes on our end.

I'm still in my timeout that was unplanned. Hoping that tomorrow I will be as right as rain. Oh! One other things I want to give a praise report on... One of my three turbulent issues have been solved. We ended up writing a letter to underwriting explaining why the USDA loan would be best for us even though we qualify for FHA and Conventional. Our letter was accepted and sent to underwriting for final approval. This is very good news as I wasn't excited about coming to the table and throwing down a big payment. We need to focus on starting some kind of retirement.

I'll be packing one handed and chasing the baby till I post again. 16 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment