Monday, January 18, 2016

The countdown is on...

Today is a Government Holiday. No paperwork is pushed through, the mail doesn't run, the banks are closed. Heck, my insurance company isn't even answering the phone today. I am writing this blog a little bit earlier in the day because I know what this afternoon may look like and I am not sure if I can find the time to string a few sentences together.

Today we packs a little bit more. Most of it happened in the Kitchen. The lumberjack is slightly worried about boxes and doesn't want ANYTHING left out even if we plan to use it. Everything needs a box. So, the remaining food that I have in the kitchen is now boxed up and living on the counters. I managed to pack another box in baby lumberjacks room. Slowly but surely we are getting it all accounted for.

The planner in me is really having a most difficult time. I have a few loyal friends who have asked when we need help. I really wish we could answer that question. Best I can do is guess at this point. We did ask our Realtor to inquire on us renting the new farm a few days before closing so we can paint, shampoo and lay the invisible dog fence. We haven't heard anything back from them on it yet. Our official closing date is supposed to be next Tuesday. Naturally, that's not set in stone due to the USDA still needing to review the file and give us permission to close on the current house before we close on the old one. So that's a special exemption we are asking for. No guarantee there. Next up would be the chance that the buyers could move up their closing date to next Tuesday but our realtor that is selling this house doesn't think they will have all their ducks in a row to be able to do that.
The hardest part of this isn't even the scheduling of friends to help, it's the movers! We continue to believe we will have favor with them and the date of moving will just work out well.

Today we were able to get an updated 10 day weather outlook. Winter in January in a southern state might be nice to move in, however I live in NW Missouri.We are supposed to get about 2" of snow tomorrow. The weather between now and the day after closing will be high in the 30's and low in the 20's with the exception of this weekend when it dips back down into the single digits. Thankfully the snow chances are about 20%. We recognize that most of this move will be done all at once. We have two small moving trucks, two pickup trucks and trailers along with my little car, as well as the back of the International which isn't ideal because you have to lift everything over your head to get it in the back. The trip to the farm will be roughly an hour with vehicles weighed down and snow packed roads, so it's not like we will be able to make several small trips in the car.

The lumberjack asked if we were taking the kids out of school during the move. The youngest princess Co-Op's with our local homeschool group three days a week and the oldest princess is doing dual enrollment at the local community college. Neither of the girls want to miss a day so I might be scrambling to find rides for each of them.

My mind keeps bringing up different scenarios of things that can go wrong. I am trying my hardest to keep those lingering thoughts captive and not entertain them. I have been diffusing my oils and turning my cares over to the Lord as they come up.


There is no turning back now, the countdown is on!
Praying, packing, purging... 5 to 8 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment