Sunday, January 3, 2016

Underwriting conditions...

It's pretty typical to have some bumps in the road when dealing with financing a loan. Today I feel like I hit potholes. Since the majority of the loan progression has happened over the Christmas and New Years Holiday, we haven't had much communication with underwriting. We have been through the loan underwriting from company number one, now it's time to go to USDA underwriting for Rural loans.

Silly me thought this was going to be a walk in the park. Even more so since I have filled out all kinds of information and given every document just short of a blood sample.

I was emailed a list of 10 more hoops to jump through. Some are pretty in depth and some should be relatively simple. All of it takes time. I was given one big curve ball I didn't expect. Hopefully, I don't have to write about it in the future. I should know by the end of next week. Just another difficulty owning a business causes.

The process of buying and selling a house is really stressful. Even though our current mortgage is virtually paid off, it doesn't matter. We are just another consumer on paper. Good news though! I am not just somebody. I am the daughter of a God who loves and cares for me. HE really is compassionate about the desires of my heart. He will help if only I will cast my cares on Him. Sometimes that isn't as easy as one might think. The doorbell rings, the dog barks, the baby wakes, chaos ensues and somehow you just never get back to that point you were at a few moments before. Pouring your heart out and listening in the quiet for His voice takes time. I need peace that passes all understanding.

They really should make this process easier for people who have excellent credit, never miss payments and have proven themselves over the years to be trustworthy.

Just like in spring, when the city crews get out the big equipment and work diligently to fill in the holes created by weather, I too will get to work on these bumps so things might progress smoothly.
Until tomorrow I will be packing, taping, labeling and praying.

22 more days till close!


No comments:

Post a Comment