Monday, January 11, 2016

Moving along...Appraisal time

What should have happened nearly a month ago finally came to pass. The text came in yesterday afternoon that the appraisal was finally ordered and was scheduled for today. Good grief Charlie Brown. So today we buzzed around the house, moving packed boxes to a staging area, cleaning up lots of little messes that were caused by our packing sessions. By 1 PM we were ready for the appraiser to come.

Imagine my joy when it was a woman who had a little baby just a bit older than baby lumberjack. She was very nice and professional, while zipping through the house taking pictures, measurements and asking questions. She was here a little over an hour and told us the report will be done in a couple of days. They realized that this hadn't been ordered yet and put in a STAT request.

Once we hear that the house appraises for the amount we finally agreed on, we can request they move their closing date up.

And the fun never ends.

It totally dawned on me today that is about a week, I could be painting at the farm!

I did a poll (totally scientific) on Facebook this past week asking my friends who have moved within the last couple years what percentage of their house was packed by this point. Almost everyone said that they had 90% or more packed by now. Some gave me great advice, some shared mistakes they made. My post tomorrow will be on some of the great helpful hints I have learned about the packing process.

I think today we hit about 70% of our house being packed. That means we have only 30% more to go! Yesterday, the remaining pictures came down off the walls and were carefully packed away. I did another pack up out of the nursery, laundry room and office. I took down curtains and washed them before packing. Ran the laundry and packed what we won't be needing in the next couple of weeks.

Today I talked to the One who is serving our country. He is just finishing up his second deployment and will be back in the States before long. I feel my spirit getting excited just thinking about seeing his beautiful smile in person in just a few weeks. Mothers of Marines (and all branches of the military) will all agree that the best thing is seeing their faces after being gone so long and the hardest is saying our "See ya later". I am really looking forward to spending some precious and much need one on one time with him at the farm. It's important that they always feel like there is a place to come "home" to.

The oldest man cub and She who has healing hands will be leaving on a cruise while we are in moving mode. While this was the worst time ever for my strong boy to  be gone, his other side of the family planned this get away a long time before we set a move date. Traveling mercies are my prayers for those two.

Some how, some way, it's all going to work out in God's perfect timing. I just have to remember that!


Until tomorrow~ I'm packing, purging, praying and drinking a whole lot of coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment