Thursday, January 28, 2016

Retail Therapy

Some women like to shop. In general, I do not. I don't mind looking through pinterest for hours on end until I narrow down what I really and truly like, but please don't ask me to go to the mall. My answer will be no.

I'm a thrift store, consignment shop, antique shop, online garage sale kinda girl. I love upcycling, crafting, painting... There are some things that I prefer to buy brand new. When I am buying new, I am always looking for the best quality product for my dollar.

So having retail therapy is an odd occurrence. I'm guessing it's because I haven't been to retail America much since Black Friday. Sometimes, I just need to FEEL things. Having a new house, and not buying anything for it what so ever was a killjoy. The princess and I hopped in my car and headed to Hobby Lobby. Now, if you must know, I adore Hobby Lobby. I could decorate my entire house AND buy beautiful fabrics all at once. I love Hobby Lobby so much that I have the App on my phone.

We spent a couple hours looking at all the new pretties that they have on display. We found a couple themes that we both liked and since our main focus was on the bathrooms, we narrowed the selection down. Both of us found these "Brave" line that we thought was darling. Everything we wanted was 50% off... So we managed to get these three pictures for the Main bathroom. We are looking for an arrow that has hardware to hold towels. I think we will add a gray shower curtain and perhaps something with a little splash of yellow and blue for the rug. It's very playful and light hearted. We actually found them in the nursery section.



Two grown ladies picked out these little braves for the bathroom. They are just so cute and whimsical. We also added a light blue mason jar soap dispenser and tooth brush holder.
I'm still debating but I really liked this glass box for holding things like cotton balls, make up pad removers, Q-tips or even rolled up washrags and hand made soaps.


I pretty much decided that I wanted to do a dock/fishing theme in the master bathroom. While the lumberjack has a boat and enjoys spending a day on the lake fishing, this woman would fish several times a week if I could. I love to trout fish especially. Anyways, I am leaning more towards water/ dock/ lake/ pond look than the whole over done fishing theme. This is where my problem lies. I also love the French Country look...


It complicates the challenge of actually decorating. I did buy a little minnow bucket along with a couple of "Hot Bath" cast iron wall hangers. Granted, anything I don't find fits in my space, I still have the barn bathroom to move it to.

We also found a few items that we liked. This is a pretty rare list as we don't normally find a thing we like when we are out.
 The Princess really liked this desk and stool.
 I really likes this side table buffet and the 3-tier basked holder next to it.
 Princess is thinking that she likes the style of this little organizer, just not so much the colors
 And this thing... Really could have come home with me to live forever. Only problem is I have absolutely no idea where I would put it or what I would use it for.
 I took this picture because I really like the simplicity of this 2x4 bed frame. There are a couple of 2x8's included. I could totally make this.
This little secretary desk folds completely flat like a drafting table. I liked how compact it is and also how rough and earthy it appears.

This is how I spent my day. Mostly window shopping because NO ONE wants to move more things! The few items we did pick up can all be packed into a little trunk that needs contents.

Still no closing date. We have one set of Realtors tentatively saying Feb 4th at noon. We will see.
Till then~

No comments:

Post a Comment