Sunday, February 7, 2016

We are in!

It's been a long hard couple of days. We finally made it though. 
After closing on the old house Wednesday, we finally were able to close on the farm, Thursday. It took a few hours before we were given the go- ahead to actually move our stuff, even though we were legal owners. We will just leave the fact that the selling realtor was more than a real peach to work with. I'm thinking she needs a huge dose of Jesus. 

Anyway, we brought several loads down to the farm on Thursday night. Everyone pitched in cleaning. It ended up taking over eight hours to shampoo the carpets. Guess what? They left us fleas! I'm so freaking mad tonight. One jumped on baby lumberjack and hubs thankfully saw it. I've been vacuuming like crazy, and I pray this is just a small infestation. All in all, it's now in pretty good shape. 

We were blessed by the amount of help we got moving. Many hands made light work. The movers only had one fatality and that was a lamp globe. They were in and out quickly. I'd highly recommend them. 

Everyone is settling in here nicely. Just in time for a major two day windstorm. 

One thing I want to share real quick. Sunsets! Oh my goodness, they have been so glorious the past four nights. It's more like an event that you stop for. It only lasts a few minutes but it's so glorious to behold. I hope I never get so busy that I don't stop for the sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment