Thursday, February 4, 2016

Finally time to move

Can you believe it? The time is finally here for us to go sign papers on the farm and empty out this house. A few weeks ago, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. A week ago, I got cold feet and wished it wasn't happening. Nearly twenty years we have dreamed of this moment. It's surreal. I thought I would be more excited, anticipating this more. It's more being in autopilot. 

We met the family that is buying this home yesterday. Their realtor did a walk through to check all of the items we agreed to replace or repair. It was strange not being able to speak to the wife, having to use a translator. Ultimately, I think she is really going to love living here. We have two other Hispanic families that live on our block. Hopefully they can each help one another acclimate to their new lives. 
I saw this picture today and it's a great reminder about this situation. Maybe someday I'll be willing to share how we hit wall after wall because people have very little integrity. As a business owner, I've learned another great lesson. I'm not going to speak poorly of anyone, I don't have to. God is my champion and I've seen his faithfulness to us all of these years. 
This little house is about to be turned upside down. I'm off to get the youngest to co-op for the day, grab the sitter, and start a new chapter in life. 

If it's not packed, it's going to the trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment