Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Little by little

P
Our first week here has been pretty busy and slightly crazy. Let me explain. 
We literally had company all weekend long. One of my "sons", Bubba & the mama to be brought out their baby princess to play with the little lumberjack on Friday night. As they were leaving, my right hand girl, Lady Wonder came bearing bags of groceries through the back door. I'm ever so thankful to her for that. She ended up staying the night. Meanwhile, the youngest princess had two friends over for the new farm experience. On Saturday, our old next door neighbor came out with her dogs. Our lab and Newfoundland had a great time running and chasing each other in the fields. We also got a visit from a new friend, a horse lady, who walked our stables and hayfields and helped us tremendously with information. 
On Sunday, the princesses friends went home and it was pretty quiet. 
I am thankful for visitors. We were able to get some target shooting in, our first home cooked meal and each night we've all fallen into bed several hours earlier than when we lived in the city. 
Each day, we've caught a glorious sunset along with debris blowing around the farm from the two day windstorm. 

We have literally been working from sun up till sun down every day trying to find a home for everything. Our office has been the biggest challenge so far. We've gone from four times the space as before, to a shared space with too much stuff. That process is still underway, with more purging on the horizon. 

My new horse friend brought this lovely picture. As soon as I put it up on the porch the windstorm started. I'm excited about decorating around it. I think it's absolutely perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment